Introduction to Kotlin
In this post we discuss about new programming language kotlin.
- In 2011 JetBrains release the kotlin as a new programming language for JVM.
- Kotlin is more suitable for android applications.
- You have to use IntelliIDEA software for programming. You can download it from JetBrains.
- After downloading you have to install it, for that follow below steps:
1) right click on intellij.exe and run as admin.
2) click Next, and browser the location where you have to save the software.
3) after selecting location, click next. select 32 bit if your system is 32-bit otherwise select 64-bit and select java, groovy, kt checkbox.
4) click next select JetBrains and click on install button.
5) after that click on finish
6) If you are first time installing this software then check second radio button otherwise First.
7) Then Accept the conditions by clicking the accept button.
8) click on create new project
9) select Java from left menu and select kotlin/jvm and in project SDK select the SDK.
If SDK is not available then click on new select c:\program files\java\jdk1.8.0_45 And click on next button.
10) provide project name and click finish.
Advantages of Kotlin:
- Kotlin make development of app faster and required less coding compare to java.
- It is very easy to learn for every one like freshers.
- Kotlin is safer.
- Kotlin support properties, primary constructors, extension functions, null safety.
- Kotlin is object oriented programming language but not pure.
- Kotlin is more expressive.
- Kotlin is open source.
Disadvantages of Kotlin:
- Kotlin required more time for running and increase the size of apk file.
You can also by SQL 70-761 book write by me from Amazon.